emanon,

Literary: Unchanging

2/11/2016 09:30:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Dear Joma,

Writing love letters isn’t really my thing. But for you I will. I will do just about anything, in order to paint a smile on your face—that smile that changed my life in a snap, lit up my world when it was dark and empty, and caught my heart years back. And besides, it’s Valentine’s Day, why not give it a shot?

It has been 3 years, 6 months and 12 days since the day I met you. To be honest, those aren’t really the exact days or months that we met, because for me, that doesn’t really matter at all. What matters most is this feeling. Believe me when I say that, darling, this feeling has not changed since day 1. This feeling still makes my heart skip a beat when our eyes meet. It still gives me butterflies when our hands intertwine. And, it has always made me feel that it is best being in your arms.

I don’t want to be all cheesy, though. All I want is to make you happy, to make you feel special on this day of hearts, and to make you realize that someone will always be here for you no matter what happens. I’m cutting this letter short now for every word, every line, and every character in this letter is nothing compared to what my heart speaks about. Well, just let me tell you this: Worry not if this letter is too short for you. I still have forever to tell you everything I want to say, right?

Time may pass, seasons may change, sweets will melt, and roses will wilt, but this you should remember my dear: whatever happens, my love for you will never fade. I love you, dear, to the moon or whatever planet and back, from now until the end of time.

Love,
Emanon

-----

Dear Emanon,

You see, when I pored through your letter and recognized the hand that first wrote to me three Valentines back, I knew the familiar feeling right away. The thrill of gazing at your handwriting, knowing that it's your love that it contains, I just know it all too well. Three years have passed, but I still love you just the same.

It's true, many things about us now have gone astray from our old ways. The coffee you once liked mugged and strong has been exchanged for a cupped and whipped treat. The handkerchief you once insisted on placing in your breast pocket has lately been finding its way to your trousers'. Almost every detail in you has changed. Sometimes, it makes me wonder if it's still the one I love I see when I look at you every day. But it's been years, and nobody is to blame.

We both have grown, but I am grateful that it's not our love that we chose to amend. You still hold my hand on those dark, cold nights. I still get chills every time you look at me. And these little things are proof that the love we share has never faltered after three long years.

No matter how much you change, please do know that I will still love you over and over again. I love you, dear. I always have, and I always will.

Love,
Joma

You Might Also Like

0 comments: