captain wayward,

Literary (Submission): Poetry

2/04/2016 09:42:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I never wanted to love you
But then I saw your eyes
They kept me in a trance
My heart did not stand a chance

You and I were almost inseparable
It was like dividing the stars from night
But you and I were made of glass
I knew we’d never last

I know you’ve stopped caring long ago
But I still lose my mind wishing it wasn’t so
It’s ironic how big this planet of blue
Yet my thoughts are still about you

Even now I struggle to convince myself
To repaint my canvas and start again
Since the only colors I need, I realize
Are ones that can be found in your eyes

Maybe one day I’ll move on
I have no idea how
But I have to start by accepting the fact
That you’re someone else’s poetry now



You never knew how much I love you
Because I hear your voice
Unaware of how much it can soothe
If only you knew the truth

You and I blended in seamlessly
Like the sun and the moon in perfect harmony
But they could never be together, there is just no chance
And so I decided to keep my distance

I wish it didn't have to be this way
I thought I'd hurt you more if I'd stay
So I did what was the "right thing"
Unaware of the pain it will bring

Now I look back and regret what I have done
Trying to erase what was set in stone
I should have tried to make things right
And not just disappear, out of sight

It hurts to think that I might have to move on
But I'm still holding on, can't you see?
There is just no escaping the fact
You are still the only poetry to me

You Might Also Like

0 comments: