collaboration,

Literary: From the Start

2/11/2016 09:12:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Ever since I was a child
Love was felt in so many ways
Yet I didn’t know back then
That I get it everyday

It was my mother’s cooking
And my father’s forehead kisses
It was the food my friends gave
The hugs and birthday wishes

Then it turned to late night texts
With flowers in bouquets
It was being on a date
Love changed, they always say

Because growing up
I have learned that
Love is shared between two people,
With the person I never get tired of looking at

Then they came, those fateful days
To me now it’s all a haze
When I first told you how I felt
Until the day, holding a ring before you, I knelt

Every day, it was your loving goodbyes
And each moment I look into your eyes
It was the angelic laughter
Of our children which brings our family together

Then it was our grandchildren playing in the background
Keeping me company since you’re no longer around
While I absentmindedly fiddle
With the rings we swore with

I remember the love the world gave me
In every little detail, I see
How lucky am I that I could give back
What I so generously received even from the start

You Might Also Like

0 comments: