collaboration,

Literary: Opposite Directions

2/11/2016 09:16:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I had a rough childhood
Grew up in negativity
Never believed I would be happy
That is, until I met you

I had a rough childhood
Grew up in a chaotic household
Stopped believing in love
Ever since my parents broke up

When I first met you
I really didn’t know what to do
We both shared the same ideal
It was just too good to be real

When I first saw you
I felt a foreign feeling
And like an invader in my territory
I prevented it from taking over me

I love the way you make me feel
I’m actually happy, so surreal
Like life’s worth a shot
Like anything is possible and whatnot

Like going underwater
I saw new horizons and felt differently
But I was frightened
Of drowning and suffocating

I’ll help you breathe
Don’t be scared of what’s underneath
I’ll help you get through this
I won’t let you fall into the abyss

Upon seeing broken souls and unmended hearts
I was frightened yet curious
Then I wondered what would happen
If I gave it a try

Unfortunately love is a mystery
One that is so hard to unravel
Like a present given to you
Unknown yet exciting to open

Just another uncertainty
Don’t know what this will end up to be
Yet I will take the chance even though risky
For us to be together, you and me

The day that I woke up
Feeling that I lost something
Was also the day I told myself
Perhaps it was worth a try

You Might Also Like

0 comments: