capulet,

Literary (Submission): Dear Universe

2/11/2016 08:20:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I am nothing
But a speck in your entirety;
A blotch of ink
On your novel of destinies–
Yet you play with me
As though toys never wear out

I do not live to succumb
To your petty desires,
Yet an unwary pawn
Is what I have become–
Incapable of escaping
Your formidable domain

Countless times, I thought
You had let my soul meet its mate
And I looked to you
With such grateful eyes,
But each time, they lost their luster
As I watched you tear love apart

You took away all
Those you had given me
Because you can
And because I cannot take them back
You did always have
That unfair advantage

My dearest Universe,
Let us put an end to our game –
I would rather lose to you
Than bear any more of this misery
Just save me from the heartache
Of losing another

You Might Also Like

0 comments: