english,

Literary (Submission): Clair de Lune

2/04/2016 09:39:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Luna,

It has been a long time since we last saw each other.
We were destined to be separated for it would only destroy us both.
So in letters I find solace, to let you know that you are always in my thoughts.
I have lost count of the times I tried to write you one, only to throw it away and start anew.
It’s just that I can’t find the
right words,
right thoughts,
right emotions.

Only the stars know what captivated me so.
Perhaps it’s the way you carry yourself with such modesty
yet never losing that irresistible charm
Or how that refined look hides,
a childish and adorable personality.

Time will go on but I will never tire of our perpetual game of tag,
Of how we get closer and closer
Until the universe decides that
We are two entities of different realities
Whose combined lights were never meant to be seen.

Patiently yours,
Sol

-----

Sol,

Indeed, it is such a long time since we saw each other. I guess time is the only way of the universe to tell us that we are not meant to be. When I make an effort to see you, I always find
the wrong place,
the wrong time, and
the wrong feelings.

Yes, being drawn to you is a mistake, the best mistake I will ever make. But mistakes are things we should redo and never make again.

I do not know what made me attracted to you,
Maybe it has something to do with your silly, lopsided smile
Or how it can brighten up anyone within your radius
Maybe the joy in your eyes makes all my waiting worthwhile
Or how your happiness can be so contagious.

But as I think of these, I shake my head. It is wrong. We are wrong.
I don’t know why I cry for you even though I know you won’t hear.
I don’t know why I long for you even though I know I am hopeless.
I don’t know why I wait for you even though I know we will never happen.
So I decided on my own, even if it is difficult, that this is the last time I will address you.

Goodbye my dear,
Even if my farewell is bitter
But anything else is better
Than the empty promise of forever.

I will never be yours,
Luna

You Might Also Like

0 comments: