cupnoodlesssss,

Literary (Submission): Late Night Musings of a Conscious Brain

2/02/2019 08:38:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Sometimes I feel like my hands are fake
Even though they look okay
I can move them if I want to
But when I touch them, they feel
Fake
Like they’re made of hardened plasticine
When I touch them, they feel
Wrong
Like they aren’t made of human flesh
Hmm, I wonder why...

Sometimes I feel like my head is placed wrong
There’s a lingering feeling that maybe
Someone missed a screw
Maybe two
Because some days I feel like it’s going to fall off
And roll away from me
I won’t be able to catch it
And I would need to buy a new head
Hmm… do you know where to buy new heads?

Sometimes, I wonder, what if my ears aren’t mine?
Maybe I’m borrowing someone else’s
It’s like I’m borrowing someone’s phone
Maybe they need it back
“Hello, it’s my turn to use the ears.”
They should tell me
I’d give them back immediately
It’s rude not to return someone’s ears

I find my eyes weird sometimes
They don’t show what’s really
Out there
Because I can feel the breeze but
The leaves are still
The grass blades are still
Am I still?

My skin is a leather suit
I moisturize it because
They said it needs to be flawless
I think I should work on other things though
Like my character
My skin can wait

I’m glad to have a body
For I am a mere brain
Moving around in my porcelain cave
Though sometimes my body hurts
I don’t like it when it hurts

When I pinch my arm
I feel nothing
Maybe my receptors are experiencing errors
I should look into that

I look like a person
But does that make me
A person?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: