english,

Llterary: Ho(me)

5/28/2019 07:50:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




My first home is
A messy sun-lit bedroom
Walls filled with sketches
And an annoying alarm clock
No food on the table but a note with money
But a dog barks and a warm feeling spreads

My second home is
Where your friends are
Studying under a lot of pressure
Inside the cool interior of the library
Cramming the homework given a week before
With graduation fast approaching, it’s time to leave

My third home is
Arms that would protect me
His words laced with promises about our future
With his alluring smile and honey-like eyes
I trusted him, but he already found comfort
In the soul of another

But my real home is
The face I see in the mirror
The hands that wipe my tears every night
The legs that carry me to where I wish to go
The heart that’s healing
I am my own home

You Might Also Like

0 comments: