english,

Literary: Where I Belong

5/28/2019 08:43:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I was just 4 when I learned that family is my home,
I believed it with my innocent mind. I didn’t question it either, I know I should follow what elders say. I obeyed them all the time and paid them back with my sloppy kisses and hugs.

They were there from the very start and showered me with unconditional love.

At the age of 10, I felt that my friends were giving me the comfort of belonging. The feeling of home. I felt another kind of love and support only they can give. The secrets that I kept from my family went to them. I felt at ease all the time.

They stayed by my side as I faced every challenge. Even the impossible ones.

I was 14 when I met my first love, he was different from them. Out of them all, his love was boldly shown. His actions were as if he’s pursuing me to be his for a very long time. I thought this was my favorite home.

That assumption didn’t last long, though.

I am now 19 and I’ve finally come to my senses.
I don’t have to pick which of them gives me the perfect warmth. Each of them provides different ways of showing me that I belong to them, that all of them are my home.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: