english,

Literary (Submission): The trappings of windows

5/28/2019 09:33:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




There's a room in my house where windows line the walls.

There was a door, too.

Each time I visited the room, I passed through the door.
In I went; out I went.
Into the room with the windows and out of the room with the windows.

I liked the room with the windows.

Every day I would go there:
In I'd go, then I'd look out the windows, and then out I'd go.

I liked so much the room with the windows.

Every day I would go there, the longer I'd stay:
In, I'd go;
Then I'd look out the windows;
And then out I'd go.

I loved the room with the windows.

Every day I would go there, I'd always hate to leave:
In, I'd go;
Then I'd look out the windows,
Wistful of the views beyond;
Then I'd sit for a while in the room with the windows,
I'd sit in the centre, with all the windows in view;
And then out I'd go.

I truly loved the room with the windows.

So one day I went there, not meaning to leave:
In, I went, mortar and bricks in tow;
Mortar then brick then mortar then brick,
Then, the door was no more;

All that was left were the windows on walls.
So I immersed myself in the views beyond the windows;
I sat in that room enjoying myself through nothing but windows;
How glad I was of my room with but windows.

All that was left then was that room with but windows.
There, he stayed.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: