english,

Literary (Submission): Dear Green Star

5/18/2019 08:18:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Stars come in all sorts of colors
But none has shone as brightly as you
With your green rays of starlight
You’ve shown me new perspectives, new hues
You told me that it’s okay to love
And it wasn’t good if I kept it all in
You taught me and helped me in so many ways
For me to list it all down, I don’t know where to begin
But oh, green star in the sky
I saw your brightness flicker
For a split-second, I felt
Your bright glow grow a little dimmer
And as fast as it came, it glowed right back
To the normal shine you give
But oh, dear star in the sky
That was enough for us to worry, I believe
We talked to you about it
And asked if you needed help
But you ignored and brushed us off
Saying you’re fine by yourself
Dear green star, don’t be like this
Let us give you back the favor
Let us show you how much your rays
Have given us love, hope, and so much more
Don’t shut us out, let our rays in
Let these streams of light pass through
Through the cracks of your window
Give it a push, let us love you true

You Might Also Like

0 comments: