disquietude,

Literary: If

4/13/2015 07:53:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments


Sometimes when you’ve fallen asleep I look at you and wonder,

“Will he ever get tired of loving me?”

I think of all the times you held my hand as we crossed the street. All the times you held a door open for me, and all the nights you’d call just to scold me for skipping a meal or going home way too late. I remember every moment and wonder if you’d ever stop.

I counted all the shirts you left at my house. And idly smile at the thought of you slowly moving in. Then I remembered you are already occupying my life. But what if one day, you wake up and decide to return the keys?

I recall all the times you surprise me with my favorite food whenever I get upset. All the days you give me exactly what I’ve been looking for without me even asking. It’s amazing how you took time to listen and remember all the little things about me. Sometimes I wonder if you know me better than I know myself. I think about those as I dismiss the unwelcome thought of you busy trying to know someone else.

I remember that one rainy night, I was so mad at you. You danced in the middle of the street, surrounded by so many people, just because you know it cracks me up. What if you realize that was the last stupid act you’d do for me? What if that was the last thing you’d ever do for me?

Every day I ask myself what I did to deserve this kind of love. But darling, if you ever get tired, remember this:


I will pour my entire being into you, my love. I will give you all my breaths until I no longer have the strength to carry my own heart.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: