emanon,

Literary (Submission): Then and Now

4/10/2015 09:03:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



It has been a while since we chatted,
A while since we greeted each other
I may be too overacting and cheesy
But I missed you, to be honest

It has been a while since we sat beside each other,
A while since we held hands
I miss twirling your hair between my fingertips
And the simple moments we shared together

I admit, I became a little too busy
I think you felt a little sad
But I’m sure that you understand,
That you know there was never a day I forgot about you

Now here you are, approaching me
But maybe I'm too assuming
Perhaps I should stop overthinking
And just start playing the first hand

Now, you're right here beside me
Not a distance greater than an inch or two
It has been a while and I shouldn't waste a second
In each moment spent with you

You Might Also Like

0 comments: