blue silver,

Literary (Submission): I Promise

10/26/2018 08:13:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




NOTE: The poems in this series were written in English class by Grade 9 students based on the Christopher Marlowe’s The Passionate Shepherd to his Love and Sir Walter Raleigh’s The Nymph’s Reply to the Shepherd.






Come live with me and be my light
And we will gaze at the stars at night
View the brilliant painted sky
And dance beneath its shining might

I will affirm what wonders do
How glad I am to have met you–
A celestial body—who assured me
Like no others do

For you, I shall strive to be better
The way you better yourself too
If these delights thy mind may move
Then let us be together through and through.






If all your promises are genuine, true
Then I might gaze at the stars with you,
Dance with you under their light,
Love beneath their shining might.

I feel that I might be the faulty man,
Of your love I am unworthy.
But then again, we can strive to be better,
Better together.

My heart tells me to take this chance,
To leap over this gap.
Then these delights my mind might move
To spend all of my days with you.





Come live with me and be happy
And we will be together, just you and me
Give me time to prove my love true
So you can trust me with all of you

I will share with thee
My sorrow and glee
I will be open to you,
always honest and true

For you, I shall give my love and affection
Along with time, effort, and attention
If these delights thy mind may move
Then come with me and be my love.





If all your promises were to be kept true
Then I’d happily be together with you
To prove your love, I’d give you all the time in the world
Even if things go awry, even if everything’s in a whirl

I feel that you are speaking from your heart
If so, perhaps we will never be apart
But then it holds true that all things go astray
So tell me, will you be here to stay?

My heart tells me what I already know
That you, my love, are not just putting on a show
Then these delights my mind might move
To be with you and be true.



Come live with me and share this love
And we will be together
Thinking of what to do with the rest of forever
Sharing our victories, troubles, and memories

I will be your haven,
Protect you until all the stars have fallen,
Give you my heart entirely,
Even though it gives me anxiety.

For you, I shall dive into the deepest sea,
Do everything to show you my sincerity.
If these delights thy mind may move
Then, my love, I will never fail to prove.





If all your promises were sincere and true
Then I might try to cherish you,
Watch you dream, see you fly,
Comfort you whenever you cry.

I feel that we can travel far
And see the sights through your eyes
But then someday I will leave you
Souvenirs like tears or scars.

My heart tells me that it won’t last
We’ll travel far but finish fast.
Then these delights my mind might move
To cherish you but soon forget you too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: