english,

Literary: Six Degrees

10/27/2017 08:47:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




There are billions of people in this world
That I wouldn’t be able to meet
All linked by the same thread
Weaved in the same web
And I was fortunate enough
To interact with many

But because of unexplainable reasons
The one that matters most
Is the nearest
Yet hardest to reach

Six
Six degrees of separation
Few but tough obstacles that hinder
The barriers between him and me

Five
Five moments of hesitation
Waiting for the right time to profess
Yet leaving with feelings still kept hidden

Four
Four months of false hope
And these were entirely my fault
For interpreting all his friendly gestures wrong

Three
Three words of confession
Imprisoned in my own doubt
And shall stay a secret forever

Two
Two eyes of longing
For the smile he has, caused by another
And the happiness radiating from him and her

And one
One heart full of pure affection
For the boy oblivious to the joy he brings
To me who receives no love in return
And yet, refuses to give up and believe

That I was the only one destined to fall
He was the one I have always looked for
And that an “us” will remain a theory
Never anything more

You Might Also Like

0 comments: