english,

Literary (Submission): Unsent

10/13/2017 10:07:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





      You: “Hey, can you help me write this letter? I need to ask something from this person…”

      Me: “Sure, I’ll do my best.”

      You: “Thank you!”

      Me: (Staring at the laptop’s monitor) Dear xxxx. I am writing on behalf of…

      Scratch that. Let me begin with this. I LOVE YOU.

      I have to come clean now. I never gave up on you. Never. Even when you told me we were better off as friends. Even when you told me that you still had feelings for your ex, and a part you still wanted him back. Even when twenty-plus days passed with nary a text from or sight of you. Even when my yearning of you was slowly crippling my daily existence. Even when the most rational thing to do was forget you and move on.

       I LOVE YOU.

      Don’t you want to ask me why? I love you because you like cats and dogs. I love you because you render me dumb doing the simplest of tasks. I love you because time is irrelevant when you are by my side. I love you because your quip brings joy to my ears. I love you because every glance at you is transcendent.

      I love you because there is no monotony with you. I love you because driving with you in the passenger seat is just breathtaking. I love you because I myself become so giddy when you’re giddy in the passenger seat. I love you because you’re enthralling when you boss me around. I love you because you fuel my competitive fire when you frown while losing. I love you because every kiss on your cheek brings any day to a delightful end.

      Let me go on.

      I love you because you are enough in any day to look forward to. I love you because you inexplicably bring me a kind of peace that is defined by being with you and no one else. I love you because I lose myself in your spellbinding presence. I love you because you captivate me in ways I never expect nor imagine. I love you because you surprise me in the most blissful way possible. I love you because during those times we exchange glances, I cannot believe how blessed I am to look at someone so beautiful.

      You know what? I AM LOVING YOU EVEN MORE.

       I am loving you even more during your unguarded moments. Your beauty overwhelms with no restraint. I somewhat see new sparkles in your eyes, hear unexpected melodies when you talk, and detect adorable twitches in your lips. I am loving you even more when you intentionally and unintentionally enrich what I know. You have no idea how thrilled I am with every new nugget of wisdom you impart. Goodness, you are so, so brilliant.

       When I am with you, I know deep in my heart I am falling in love with you again and again and again. My heart knows no other language but to love you.

       Haaay. Control + A. Delete.

      Dear xxxx. I am writing on behalf of…

You Might Also Like

0 comments: