clem,

Literary (Submission): A Set of Haikus about Our Goodbyes

2/21/2019 09:08:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




This bitter curse stays,
As we leave each other’s arms:
I miss you too much.

Your sweet whispers stay
Ghosting in between my ears
“Just know I love you.”

Don’t be mistaken.
Love is dreamlike, but still real.
Doubting only hurts.

You are terrified
Years from now I will forget
Knowing you will not.

However, darling
I don’t think I can forget
This eternal love.

Your lip marks still stay,
Your scent will always linger
Your heart still in mine.

Your presence still felt.
Even when you walk away,
Trust in beating hearts.

This one empty room
Where if we can stay for long,
We’d stay forever.

We’d hear the clocks tick
But time stays an illusion
When we’re together.

When it’s time to leave
As we leave each other’s arms:
“I’ll miss you too much.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: