english,

Literary: A Shooting Star

2/12/2019 08:20:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




It was a lovely night of November
with a sky of the perfect hue.
We laid on evening dew together,
As we stared into the vast endlessness.

Out of nowhere, passed by a bright light
its glow ever so ethereal.
Silence fell upon us at the sight
and the moment was prolonged unexplainably.

I was not so sure if it was true,
if the light was just a speck of dust.
But the moment I glanced over at you,
your eyes immediately revealed the answer.

They shut tight and I watched in awe
as your lips, in a smile, created a song.
A wish kept closely, its ends I saw
which you neatly tied in a ribbon.

I was then greeted by the brightest stars,
Two of which shone even more than the moon.
An eternity must have passed, perhaps a few hours,
I was serenaded by the silence.

And maybe I shouldn't have blinked then
because I sighed once in content
and all at once, all of a sudden,
you were gone, just like the star.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: