english,

Literary: Seven Reasons

4/28/2018 07:35:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Seven different reasons from seven different voices as to why they chose to stay‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
1. “I loved him. Seven hours ago, he left for work. I stayed on my spot outside the train station to wait for him to get back, but he never did. I knew he'd never leave me and that he'd come back for me eventually, like he always did, so I stayed.”

2. “I saw her- kneeling on the floor, eyes closed, hands intertwined. She was exhausted and drained, her eyes grew dull, her hands turned rough, wrinkles and dark circles now highlighted her beautiful face. Seeing her lose hope in the middle of the day, yet regain much more of it at the end of each one, gives me enough motivation and reason to stay. Seeing her get weak- physically, emotionally, and mentally, yet still manage to get a mile farther every day, unconsciously makes me strive to be stronger, for her and for us. Seeing her praying and asking for guidance to live through challenges, not just for herself but for everyone she loves, gives me hope and assurance that the hardest things in life are the most worth it in the end.”

3. “She checks up on me to see if I'm okay, even when I fail to do the same for her most of the time. I realized I didn't deserve a friend like her, one who will always be there to listen and cope with me through everything. I wanted to give her a friend as caring and as selfless as her, so I stayed.”

4. “The day he said goodbye, I felt like everything I believed in was a lie. I remembered the promise I made to myself a year ago that whatever happens, I'll hold on, because he made me feel like he was sure of everything. Like he was sure of me. All the possibilities and plans I had for us crumbled. All the hopes of being beside him when he finally reaches his dreams vanished. All the places we swore we'd go to seemed like a hundred thousand miles away. The day he said goodbye, he took away a part of my heart. A part that he will always have- a part I wouldn't want to take back, and a part that didn't seem like it belonged to me anymore. He broke my heart, yet I still believe in him. I still believe in the person that he is, and the person that he is yet to become. I would still live to see him succeed, and so I'll stay, even if it means being at the back row of the audience.”

5. “He is my soulmate. Our mornings are for motivating, and our nights are for contemplating. We share this bond- one that weakens whenever we're apart, but never breaks and grows even stronger the moment we reunite. I feel empty for days, weeks, or even months when we don't speak, yet I stay. I stay, hoping that one day he'll come back, look at me with that reassuring smile and never leave again.”

6. “This corner feels like home, looks like home, and has now become my home. It's been almost five years since we met, and more than three months since I've taken my place right here in this very spot. I have no idea where she is, what she's thinking, or how she's doing, but I'm hoping that one day, she'll change her mind and she'll know right where to go. After so many years, I still haven't moved on, what more reason do I need to keep myself from waiting for her to come back?”

7. “It's like I'm a new person in his eyes every week. My mom and I pay him a visit every Saturday, with our blankets and a picnic basket filled with his favourite chicken sandwich. I tell him about my week in school, the seven-minute walk I'd have to endure to get to my first class every morning, the nuts I'd always buy in the cafeteria and how they taste just like the ones sold in buses, and all the new things I experience every week. Every week, I tell him different stories. Yet every week, he only shares one specific story with me: his happiest day with his favourite grandson. Excitement would fill his eyes whenever he realizes he’d get to share the closest memory he has to his heart with someone new. And even if he doesn't recognize me, or even remember that he has been telling the same person the same story every week for two years now, I would still come back every Saturday, because that story was my happiest day as well.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: