literary,

Literary: In Me Are Questions x With My Resolution

4/23/2018 08:01:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




In Me Are Questions

In my ears
All I hear are your words
Stinging and rough
They’ve never come out of your lips this way

In my words
Apologies are laced through
Confused and rushed
I don’t know how much damage I’ve done

In my mind
I know we’re over
Done and ended
Can never be anything more

In my heart
Hurt pumps within the veins
Pounding and heavy
You’ve let me go, I’ll do the same for you

Yet I ask
Is there still hope
For this heart that’s burdened?
For this heart to love again?

Yet I ask
Is change possible
For my foolish, deceitful words?
For these thorns to turn into soft leaves?

Yet I ask
Will wounds heal
From the words you said?
From the memories that inflicted pain?

With My Resolution

With my words
You hear it loud and clear
Earnest and frank
I don’t want it to come out this way

With my ears
Apologies are cut off
Upset and indignant
You don't understand the damage you still do

Within my mind
I keep on looking for reasons as I end it
Doubting and believing
That there's nothing left for us

Within my heart
I feel it throbbing as it tightens
Pressured yet I feel numb
I’ve let you go, and you should do the same for me

Yet I say
Could this be for the best?
For this heart that's broken
For this heart to mend again?

Yet I say
Could I have done this differently?
For my judgmental, too honest words
For this punishment to become a pardon?

Yet I say,
My wounds will never completely heal
From the things you've done that ended up harming me,
From moments that I'd never want to go back to ever again

You Might Also Like

0 comments: