astraea,

Literary: The Cold Concrete Floor

9/07/2019 08:12:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




The lone dying tree summons me
But chains of lassitude
Bind my feet unto the cold concrete floor

The heaven’s howling gave a storm warning
Then through the moldy window I see
The lone dying tree amongst gray strikes of lightning

I slept upon the lullaby of thunders
Dreamt about the prime of life I missed in my youth
Then cursed the senility brought about by age

When my eyes opened to the unbidden sun
I was greeted by a sight that I thought
Would never come out of its grave

The lone tree, once again, summons me
It waits patiently with roots
Bound to the warm moist soil

Its luster of green gradually revives
The tree is turning into a state
I should have revered decades ago

Now, before the flowers dwindle into buds
I would not miss the chance
To heed the call of the seemingly young tree

But I can’t

With my feet still bound
On the cold concrete floor

You Might Also Like

0 comments: