english,

Literary (Submission): Inkfinite

9/07/2019 08:24:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I used to write with a cosmic broken pen
It took me to other worlds, it floated me
Zeppelin
Its story, I thought was going to infinity,
Through the cosmos
Turned out it just spun around in circles,
Ouroboros

It seemed like I hit a pretty bad writer’s block
The stardust-powdered words couldn’t get out
The pen was locked
To the one I wrote with the promise of galaxies,
I’m sorry, I couldn’t send you another letter
No rhapsodies

The hands of the clock have danced, you seemed very happy
You found another poet that can serenade you,
Fancy
Thankfully, you didn’t let me strikethrough your sunshine
To see the smiles I was afraid I robbed you of,
Sublime

I’ll still keep this broken pen that you taught me how to use
But right now I’ll try to write with a different instrument,
Footloose
Maybe I’ll discover something or someone extraordinary,
Maybe next time I won’t be able to stop writing,
Inkfinity

You Might Also Like

0 comments: