contre jour,

Literary: I'm Give Up na

4/28/2018 08:40:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






The words do not flow as they used to do,
The wellspring of verse and rhyme has dried,
No abstract thought nor internal musings
Now make their way onto the page

Why?

The emptiness has grown just sitting there
A dull existence resting at my nape;
What I thought has gone and I've left behind
Apparent now shall be my constant friend

Each moment has become a tiring drudge,
As if the very air is of quicksand made;
Even just the act of being's turned
Into an exhausting exercise of will

What joys I had are now precursed by dread
No happiness it seems my deeds do grant;
What used to be enjoyed and relished
Are now but work and toil and drudgery

Why must I suffer through existence's woe?
Why must I endure its seeping in?
What reason's there to keep at being?
Bluh

You Might Also Like

0 comments: