english,

Literary (Submission): Je Ne Regrette Rien

9/08/2017 09:47:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I did
I chose to raise my stakes
I risked everything
In the hopes of getting the highest prize
Through my constant efforts and multiple tries

I did
I kept on losing
To the same person again and again
He seemed to know my game plan
And where each bluff ended and began

I did
I was oblivious to the fact
That actually, he meant something more
More than just a triumph I couldn’t attain
More than just another rejection’s pain

But I still did
I kept playing the game
Maybe somehow, I would finally win
However, my confidence got the best of me
And in the last round, I suffered the biggest casualty

But I still did
I picked up my broken pieces
Scarring my hands along the way
Putting them back together
Hoping that in my next bet, it’d be better

I will
Someday I will forget him
The boy I constantly lost to
My first gamble and first defeat
Because of the many others he also played with, how can I compete?

I am
I’m glad I stayed for the excitement he brought
Even though it was fictitious and fleeting
But I never did and never will
Regret anything

You Might Also Like

0 comments: