english,

Literary: Love's Museum

9/29/2017 08:06:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





To my love,

Happy 21st birthday! My dear, I wish you the best. Be brave in facing the adult world, but don’t forget what it’s like to be a child.

These are some memories I kept, preserved in photographs, that I wanted you to treasure as they fade through time. Cherish these bits and pieces of your life and reminisce the years of growing up because you’ll never be able to go back in time to experience them again.




As a toddler, you loved to explore your surroundings, and with the help of these tiny shoes, you learned how to walk and run. You loved to roam in the garden and pick up random things like pebbles, dry leaves, and fallen flower buds. I hope that you’ll never lose the wonder to discover new things.



Crayons, brushes, and paints were your best friends in preschool. You, like your hands, were always covered with the colors of the rainbow. You would smudge paint on the floor, on the walls, and even on your face. May you continue to give color to the things around you!




Interesting facts excited you as you grew older. You would read almanacs and books of world records. You would share them over the dinner table with wide eyes filled with enthusiasm. Keep that eagerness to learn, son, it’s important in life.




When you finally became a teen, with pimples and all, you became very interested in chess, unlike your classmates who were fond of basketball and videogames. You said that you wanted to exercise your mind and be a great strategist. I was delighted to hear that you had a goal in life. I pray that you’ll work hard to achieve it.



When you were a young man, you bought a wrist watch all on your own. It’s great that you’re mindful of time, something you should always be. For time is like a gust of wind, gone in a wink of an eye.

Growing up is inevitable, dear. Our life is about moving forward. Etch these in your heart and keep it in your mind. I may be gone already as you accept this letter, but always remember that I am with you in spirit. I love you forever.

Mom

You Might Also Like

0 comments: