english,

Literary: Just One

9/29/2017 08:09:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Ever since I was born
We have been together
Under one roof
And have forged a relationship
Only we can understand

From New Year ‘til Christmas
365 days a year for 11 years
We have been through a lot
And like the back of my hand
I know you so well

We both share the same food
You loved KFC chicken
As much as I loved it too
And you added some macaroni salad
While I liked mine with mashed potato

At every family gathering
Or any important event
Pictures of us all were taken
And we’d both be in the photograph
Yet we’d always be far apart

You felt something bad
Going on in your stomach
We took you to the hospital
And I was there, it was devastating
Seeing you in pain

The whole family visited
Pictures with you they wanted
So I took all of them
And satisfying it was to see you
Smile in every photo I took

But it was time you gave in
Your will was strong as always
But your body had enough of the pain
And it was time for you to rest in peace
For you had a life well-lived

I was with you until your last breath
All the sad and happy moments we had
I will keep in my soul for a lifetime
And yet I would trade any of those memories
Just to have a photo with you, Grandma

You Might Also Like

0 comments: