english,

Literary (Submission): This Room

3/30/2019 07:09:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




It is yet another desolate night. I am once again stuck in this dimly lit room with nothing good to do. But even if I’m left with my favorite things, I do not have the energy to use them.

The bowl of food, left alone since lunch, is still sitting on the floor next to a wide cup filled with water. I would have to suffer a couple more hours in the company of little ants who have greater appetite than me. I normally would be mad at them for taking my prized food, but now, it doesn’t matter – nothing does.

Dear, oh dear! How long do I have to endure this loneliness? How can I keep my sanity with nothing to hear but the monotonous whirring of this tall electric fan? If the television was left turned on, it could have distracted me from this familiar glum feeling that I have yet been accustomed to. If only I could read the clock and set an alarm until the time when--

Wait! Am I hearing this correctly? Are those clanging of metal keys?

...

Bam!

Yes, that's the gate. She's finally here.

"Arf, arf!" I bark.

She walked towards me to pat my head and say, "You missed me little boy, didn't you?"

The room turned bright.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: