english,

Literary (Submission): I Want To

3/30/2019 07:18:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I want to
soar the skies.
Fly,
high,
just high enough to reach the stars.

I want to be
of the heavens.
Become something
celestial,
surreal,
ethereal.

Fly.
I want to fly
and touch the sun,
stay in my chosen paradise.
But my heavy heart
holds me
down
yet again.

Down,
on the dry ground,
I wait,
dreaming of
brighter days
and higher places.

I’m scared,
terrified even,
of flying
only to fall
and crash
before I even reach the heavens.

I’m scared
to float away
and lose touch
with the ground,
when my skies are full
still with uncertainty.

Scared,
I might be,
but I will
jump
and take that leap of faith,
if
and only if
you say I can.

I want to
soar the skies.
Fly.

Can I?
Will I?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: