english,

Literary: Lost in Paradise

3/09/2019 08:25:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




The glaring lights
They glow so warm and welcoming
I’m blinded and cannot see
Am I where I ought to be?

The blaring sounds
The joyous laughter envelopes me
To run from the deafening silence
But is it what I need?

These daring characters
Each spoken thought a new adventure
They’re fighters with nothing to fight for
Who are they? Who am I?

My burning throat
The liquid courage, to quench my thirst
But the world slows so fast
These speeds can they last?

A blink
Or two
Or three
Was it five?

The caring grip
Keeps me grounded, so I won’t float
But how did we get here
What had we done?

These weeping children
All together, birds of a feather
Somehow found but far too gone
All lost in paradise.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: