ampersand,

Literary: Last Goodbye

3/13/2020 08:40:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




22:26
Hello, Love!
David, rather,
I don’t know how to say this…
I know, I know it sounds desperate.
Can we spend the last moments of
Valentine’s as lovers—like what we used to be?

23:04
I don’t know if you’re going to answer me.
But will you listen to my explanation first?
Tell me what I should do to have you back.
It happened so fast…
I don’t even know how or why it happened.
I’m sorry.

23:18
Let’s just forget about it,
It's all in the past.
If you think that I’m not enough,
tell me so that I can change and adjust to your wants.
I just want you to tell me that
you’re mine and I’m yours again.

23:59
Forgive me.
I’ve learned and I’m not going to do that again.
Please be mine once more.
Or if not, let me hear you say “I love you too,”
even though you don’t mean it anymore.
David, I love you.

23:59
Riley, I love you...
I loved you, rather.
I loved the way you lit up my world.
But I realized that your love was a feeble flame
you would blow out on nights that weren't cold.
Valentine's was just another chilly night masked by candlelight.

00:00
On every 14th of February
We go out, in love.
We openly tell each other how we feel
in the shadows that lay behind boarded-up fences.
But I'm tired of hiding, of being pushed into the darkness.
I’m sorry.

00:01
You're right, we should just forget about it,
These years have been a mistake--
isn't that what everybody else says?
Their words pierce me but every time, it is you who gives in.
We both know that I can't be yours
and you can't be mine.

00:02
Forgive me.
I'm tired of holding hands behind curtains of lies,
of only eyes that meet when lips wish to touch,
of hearing "I love you" only as a whisper.
Goodbye, Love...
Riley, rather.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: