english,

Literary: I’ll Never Say Goodbye

12/14/2019 09:12:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Now, the end is near
Day by day, it comes closer
Closer.

  I. Denial

Closer,
can we become closer?
Can our loose threads still be knit together?
We still have time.
We can make time.
We can still make a change.
Leave our mark.
Make a name for us in this place.
Together, we’ll pour
our souls into our work.
We’ll put all emotions,
the deepest of fears,
and the vaguest of thoughts
into words
to share with the rest of the world.

   II. Sadness

The tears flow
Almost as easily as words do,
If not more
I knew the day would come
That
This page
Would have
To turn
Each memory pulls at a heartstring
Tearing me apart
Like I, myself, am a page of a book
It's terrible to think
That this very feeling
Is what used to drive
My pen onto paper

   III. Anger

And in my desperation
To combat the hands of time
I fall
Into the arms of anger
I never thought I would.
The very words
I wrote
Out of love,
Full of love,
Seem to mock me
As the world seems to
Spite
My very being
The cruelty
Of having to go
Of having to grow

   IV. Longing

As each day passes,
and it becomes more apparent
that I will have to go soon
I learn to yearn and to pine
for things we’re used to doing
To struggle and to toil,
to write and to wait,
and to write even more.

My hands ache,
craving for the familiarity of a pen,
or some keys to type upon.
My eyes await the moment
that they’ll lay upon words
which I carefully crafted together,
a moment which will soon be followed by a quick second or two of my eyes
lighting up,
in joy and in pride
of the work I’ve done.

   V. Final Goodbye

MC.
We will
forever be grateful
for the time you let us be your voice.
With your guiding light,
we learnt so many lessons.
Shaping us,
molding us,
helping us to grow into
better versions of ourselves.
Our journey was far from easy
With sleepless nights and heavy workloads,
you pushed us to our extremes.
Still, together we took flight.
You showed us a spectrum
And how to use each and every color
It has been so surreal
Waking up to such a paradise
In Room 115.

You taught us all to ask questions,
And to seek for the truth,
And nothing but the truth.
You comforted us with the warmth
Of the rays of your sun
What a bright sun it is.
In my memory
In my heart
We live through infinity
It is us versus the world.
You and me, MC
I shall never say
A true goodbye

You Might Also Like

0 comments: