12:07,

Literary: Deux

12/14/2019 08:00:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I was alone…

I had no place to call my home
I spent my days
Lying hopelessly on the streetside
As people passed by me
Heartlessly
Without care
Without pity

And as I looked upon them I saw
Faces full of smiles and laughter
And eyes filled with joy
Not sparing me a glance

What I saw were hearts
Colder than my bed of stone
They called me useless
Not worthy of any attention

I had a world of my own
And no one to share it with
I heard voices no one else could hear
And saw wonders no one else could see

I never caused anyone any harm
But people dodged around my perimeter
As if I were
A contagious, fatal infection of some kind

They barely tried to understand me
Refused to come near me
Mocked me ceaselessly
They called me sick
A creature
Not to be approached

It's quite ironic
That I, who have never found true shelter
Served as a home—
But only to melancholy

...until I met you.

All of a sudden
Without warning

You entered my life

To my surprise
You offered me your hand
Without any trace of derision.

Could you finally be the one
Who will understand my quirks?

When we're together...

Now that our lives are intertwined
I feel like I have broken free
From the pariah I once was

To my fate I vowed
My dedication for you.
I will go through all means
In order to keep
The company I've longed
For so long

Together, we built a fortress
Every inch of it
Made only of our
Shared entirety

It stands as refuge
For the two of us
And us alone

...I can be who I truly am.

There's no need to conceal
Let me know your desires

Oh I won't hide
The secrets inside

Deep inside
You'll find my heart
Toiling with pain,
Boiling with rage
From the past
I cannot erase

The world is an ideal place

With you
I share the same sentiments,
With you
I can share my laments.
I feel power
I feel strong
For the first time.

—only if we weren't around, they say.

But if an ideal place

Is a world
Where the abandoned
Are ignored

Is a world
Where the different
Are ostracized

I'd rather stay in our own world.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: