edgewright,

Literary: The best and the brightest

12/14/2019 09:04:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




From the poor, for the poor, but mostly for me
Born and raised in the slums
The people are indeed foolish
Sympathy can really get you anywhere these days
Especially if you make them think you'll help them

Born and raised in the slums
Just like most of us here
Perhaps we need someone who understands
Someone just like him

Change will arrive, but what kind?
The bearer of change this is what I'll be
Make the country divided, the people will side with me

The bearer of change, that’s what he’ll be
We’re all desperate for a new system now, aren’t we?

There are no critics if you can't hear them

All we hear is the good news!
There's no problem if you ignore them

All we see is progress!

I could only promise you...
Sweet words the people and media eat up like starving ants
I'll give them everything, but they will see nothing

He’s promised us a better life
He’s done all sorts of things we didn’t know we even needed

I will build a bridge even if there's no river

He’s solved so many problems we didn’t even know we had

I can solve a problem, even if there isn't one

He knows how to run a country indeed

You Might Also Like

0 comments: