atticous,

Literary: To My Youth

12/14/2019 08:13:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






Happy 3rd Birthday
Roaming around the playground–
Footsteps on the ladder, running to the light blue slide
Wee! I’m flying! I’m a jet fighter!
Free to soar above the ground
The endless wonders of possibilities

Happy 7th Birthday
Walking to school for the first time–
Lunchbox in one hand, the other stiff one letting go
Bye! I’m leaving! I’m a hiker!
Ready to trek the mountains
The incredible peaks of education

Happy 11th Birthday
Trying to talk to my crush far away–
Sweet talk in letters, giving them to my fickle sweetheart
Hi! I’m trying to reach you! I’m a scuba diver!
Bold enough to swim across the oceans
On the unstable currents of love

Happy Adolescence!
Throughout the past years,
I have soared through high skies
I have trekked through the peaks of mountains.
I have reached faraway islands.
I hate to say this – my childhood journey
Coming to a near end.

I still want to continue exploring
But I must accept this reality–
Going back to the adult world
Time to land to the airstrip
Time to climb down the summit
Time to recede into the shore

Happy 15th Birthday
Mountains get steeper
And rivers flow harder
Every day, every month, every year
I’ve been running
What else could I wish for?
What else for a loveless heart and empty soul?

Happy Legality!
I’ve grown the tallest I will be
But so did distance of the stars
from my outstretched arms,
And my childlike self
I wish I were a kid again

You Might Also Like

0 comments: