english,

Literary (Submission): Tough Love

2/21/2018 08:43:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





I had waited one whole year
For just one day that I might feel different
Just one day that I’d get to satisfy my craving
Just enough to last another year without it

And now you’re here
Down on both knees
Ready to give me all the love in the world
Ready to be just what I need

Oh! How the tables have turned
With you looking so helpless in front of me
The same way I feel every single day
When you’re with me, or at least you claim to be

With all the presents you brought today
Still, you ask what I want and need
It feels strange to finally hear you sound so caring
Maybe you should try to do that more often

You then cling to me as if I am something so precious
Beg for me like you’d die without me
But I know this act of yours wouldn’t last long
And I know exactly just how this would end

As you profess your love and admiration,
I’d eat up every word you say
The same words I’ll replay in my head every single day
To make up for the next 364 days full of emptiness

And, like clockwork, with the warmth of our love today,
I’d forgive the coldness of our yesterdays and our tomorrows
And I’d pretend I believe you when you say you love me
My lover, oh so loveless

You Might Also Like

0 comments: