cinnamon bun,

Literary: Colors You Hold

2/21/2018 08:05:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





From the moment we met,
I knew you lived inside spring.
At first glance,
My heart was pulled by strings.

Your joy was vigorous,
And your spirit vibrant,
A stark contrast to my nature,
And my silent disposition.

You were the embodiment of hue.
I was monochromatic, and you were color itself.
Yet you made me your friend,
And brought out feelings I have never felt.

When I was beside you,
And our eyes aligned,
Yours sparkled so bright,
That I had to close mine.

My soul was in agony,
Trapped in black and white,
But you pulled it from the shadows,
And brought it into light.

You taught me the true meaning of freedom,
And that freedom is life,
And that life is full of joy
When it is lived right.

We laughed and we ran,
We stared at the night sky,
On the way home,
When you suddenly cried,

Speaking of the ephemeral
Which I did not understand.
Like fireflies that glowed,
You said, our time together was not going to last.

All that time,
You knew your time was short.
Yet you came into my life,
And became my greatest support.

It was almost as if
You barged right into my heart,
Without taking off your shoes,
And brought brightness with you

I could not help but welcome you,
Since you brought such colors,
Which imbued my gray skies,
With happy strokes of fervor.

And you used to always ask me
If I would ever forget
The memories we shared
And the promises we kept.

Now I know what it all meant.
How can I forget any of it?
If only you would have lived longer
Even for just a little bit.

Now, I stand here, confused,
As I read your last letter,
Trying to understand those three words,
Wanting to call you a liar.

Now that you told me you loved me,
How can I keep living without regrets?
You truly were selfish, and beautiful.
Yet I am so glad that we met.

Perhaps, you were too precious
Like a petal in spring drifting in the wind.
You were gone as soon as you appeared,
And simply could not be held back

You Might Also Like

0 comments: