english,

Literary (Submission): Antithesis

11/23/2019 08:20:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I prefer the window open,
To feel the breeze in my hair;
You prefer the window shut,
to be wrapped in quiet air.

I like my watch with arms,
Its every tick and tock;
You like your watch that's digital,
The easy-to-read clock.

I admire every sunrise,
The arrival of a new day;
You admire every sunset,
Proud you've made it all this way.

I am fond of writing stories,
Every paper scribbled on, I keep;
You are fond of writing poems,
Which you crumple, tear then sweep.

I hate any form of noise
When I am trying to read;
You listen with your headphones,
So loud, my ears would bleed.

I despise the way you throw a disc,
You can't seem to aim straight.
You despise the way I catch a disc,
I run too quickly when I should wait.

If we were to play a game,
A simple match of Frisbee,
No one would ever win,
Tied at zero is all that we'd be.

At times, I can't help but wonder
How odd it would be,
If I did not hate you
And you did not hate me.

But if I were to love you,
That love certainly would fall--
I'd be cruel to make you hate yourself
If I loved it most of all.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: