english,

Literary: Night Before The Moon Landing

11/30/2019 08:10:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Crisp.
The leaves on the ground I lay upon
Vast.
The night sky I look up to

Exhausted, I am.
Sleepy,
very much so.
Still, I try to force my arm up against gravity.
I hold it up quite lazily in the sky.
A little fun activity,
albeit a bit ridiculous,
that I’ve done since I was a child.

It wobbles.
Moves.
On its own, my hand goes in circles in the sky.
From circles, small and silent
to circles, big and violent.

In my supiness, I let it.
I let it control me.
Move me.

This way,
I was one with the Earth.
I was under its control,
its natural forces,
with each and every rotation,
that we both make.

Round and round,
it went about.
Circles upon circles.
My hand getting tired,
lowering after every rotation.

Then suddenly, it stopped.
I had finally taken over my arm once again.
Full control.

I held it up, high and proud.
Then, I curled my fingers
and pointed mightily.
At the moon, of course.
At the moon.

I smile.
A triumphant smile.
“This time tomorrow,” I whisper to myself, “I’ll already be on my way there.”

My hand,
in the sky,
unwavering still.

Conquered the forces by which it is bound.
Today, my hand.
Tomorrow, each and every part of me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: