english,

Literary: Uncensored Hypocrisy

11/09/2019 08:03:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




You taught me how to think, you taught me how to bite
You taught me what to do, to fight for what is right
You showed me all the ways where the world could go wrong
Freedom and liberty-- I have craved for so long

My eyes are wide open; finally, I can see
But now I can see that you’ve been lying to me
I used to not question what’s behind your closed door
But inside’s your secret which shook me to my core

I want to stand up and to fight for who you’ve wronged
Stop all the lies that you have cared for and prolonged
Do you think I won’t shout? Do you think I won’t scream?
I’m more tenacious and feistier than I seem

My soul is a writer, my body’s a fighter
My body’s the fuel and your sins are my lighter
It saddens me that I used to call you my home
Inside your bloody halls and the places I roamed

To everyone around me, tell me you’re upset
To those who say no, have you opened your eyes yet?
There is injustice happening within our midst
And if words don’t work then let us throw up our fists

The crimes committed against us all are immense
No one can count if this is the thousandth offense
All of us deserve our own happiness and peace
But know this won’t happen if the lies would not cease

If you are not convinced, then just look around you
Look at the smiles on your peers’ faces, they’re askew
Just walk up to them and kindly ask for the truth
And you’ll hear all the pain that’s endured by our youth

Don’t settle for being a sheep, open your eyes
Witness all of the lies and the cries, then revise
We deserve more respect, we are not merely tools
Our voices go out to you, to our beloved This content has been blocked in your area

You Might Also Like

0 comments: