atticous,

Literary: Magnet

11/09/2019 08:08:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Most often I wondered during my youth–
     Two people seemingly different
     Genuinely adore each other?
     As if their own worlds gravitated.
     The sparks of a strong magnet
     Pulling them nearer to each other.

As what most lovebirds would claim–
     Two people seemingly different
     Strongly opposing each other!
     As if they had their own worlds
     The field of a weak magnet
     Making them farther from each other.

Given that, I decided to have an experiment
     Two poles seemingly different
     Going nearer or farther?
     A fire-like, passionate rod
     A water-like, tranquil bar
     I left the two elements alone.

Next, I observed how they would move
     Two poles seemingly different
     Attracting to the ends in a flash!
     The ablaze red with its emotion
     The wet blue with its serenity
     I saw a balance formed by the pair.

Enlightened by that realization,
     I did not fly with that flock
     Instead I stuck to my own intuitions.
     I found someone who is not alike
     Able to charm me with complements
     Unlike the field of a weak magnet.

Tempted to give up my quest,
     I grew impatient searching for my blue bar
     Then I found someone looking for her red rod.
     Together our worlds gravitated.
     Able to genuinely adore each other
     Like the sparks of a strong magnet.

This lit is inspired by Lang Leav's About Love. You may check her recent anthology Sea of Strangers for more information.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: