english,

Literary: Reflection

11/30/2019 08:07:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I stand as I stare at my young self
Shouting, crying for help
Caged in a big box of glass
Growing smaller as moments pass

I shout, I cry, as loud as I can
Looking around this box I’m trapped in
And though I can’t see through
I hope someone will come to my rescue

I continue to watch, empty and broken
Then I approached and tried to open
The big box of glass that serves as a prison
To a helpless little girl with a blue ribbon

I stood up and wiped my tears
Braced myself, ready to face my fears
I walked to the wall to listen and watch
As I face the other side of the glass

We stared deep into each other’s eyes
As I searched for feelings or any signs
That even though I know she doesn’t know
I’ll be here to help even if she says, “No,”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: