english,

Literary (Submission): Fish Dinner

11/16/2019 08:06:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




If I were to be asked, and once, I was asked
Which one I were or wanted to choose
A tuna fish, slathered in cream and baked
Or salmon lit with fire, covered in booze

I’d have to honestly say that once ago
The salmon light, fluffy, and pink
Was the fish I’d choose to know
I wouldn’t even have to think

But alas oh sweet fish dinner
The salmon supply runs dry,
That plan’s a true goner
I thought then, I’d wanted to cry

I scoured the seas, truly I did
In search for pink in the blue
Run and swim in storms amid
Just for you, with the pretty hue

But I washed ashore, a chef adrift
Carrying with me the spices and drink
And with my head, an aching gift
For the salmon fish, I found no link

But then oh then I heard a flop
In the water, I wanted to sob
I turned in anticipation for the plop
Instead, I saw a tuna fish mob

One came close, and I went far
“I did not come for such a fish!”
Thick and strong, wrought with scar
I did not wish for such a dish!

But closer it came, glittering scales
And caught unaware, I was
There was a beauty in its sails
I thought that maybe, it would pass

So then I cooked and labored
I slathered the fish with love and butter
And when I bit I did savor
Its unique, dare I say, its flavor? Better

And thus dear tuna fish,
If you happen to read this
I hold only one true wish
Keep with me, paletteful bliss

You Might Also Like

0 comments: