english,

Literary (Submission): You Were

10/13/2014 08:04:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I was the perfect guy with the perfect girl in hand
But now I am alone
I was sad with guilt
Unlike cookies and milk
But I know that you don’t care still

I thought you were the one for me
The apple to my pie
The door to my key
The you to my me
But I did not know how wrong I could be

I listened to those words come out of your mouth
That you don’t love me and you love him now
At that moment I was alone and free
Suddenly

I noticed there were perks
When I was just with me

But once again you proved me wrong
When you came back to me
With angry eyes and a crying heart
I knew that this would happen right from the start
He broke your angel wings and made you fall apart

Writing this poem was difficult for me
Because you might think I’m boastful, you see
But actually I’m thankful that you returned to me
At that time I realized I didn’t need an angel from above
Because I had a friend,
A friend that I could love

You Might Also Like

0 comments: