english,

Literary: Psyche

10/24/2014 07:26:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Hey, I just wanted to say I like you. A lot.    
No.                                 
We’ve been best friends for like, what, a year
This is stupid.                         
I love you                            
Oh hell no.                            

I crossed off everything, crumpling the paper into a ball. I swear this confession is going nowhere.

Why don’t you just. Go say it. You know. Right now.

...

“I... I like you!” I blurted out, unable to look you in the face.
“You... What?” You looked at me, confused.

My best friend of 4 years, looking at me in a way... In a way I can’t... Don’t know how to react to.

“I like you.” I said calmly, or at least sounding calm, even daring to look in your eyes. It took all my self-control to keep standing there looking like a goddamn idiot.

“What do you mean?” You looked quizzically at me. Not believing.

“I mean I really like you. More than a friend. Ro-romantically.” Did I just... Oh my god I stuttered.

“I. Well. I don’t think I, I don’t know if, I...” You said, lowering your gaze, talking slowly and hesitantly.

...

You know what? No.

No. We are not going there.

Forget this confession, let’s just keep this... Friendship. I’m. Ok. With. That.

...

“Dude. Dude, I cannot believe you fell for that! Psyche!” I spit out, a little too loudly.

“I... You... What?” You widened your eyes, giving me a light punch afterwards.

“It was just a stupid dare. Prank. You know. Whatever.” I said, putting on a smile.

“Well, you got me-”

”It’s not like I’m really gay or anything. That would be stupid.” I laughed out loud.

“I don’t think... Hey, being gay is not-”

“Right.” I cut you off yet again, waving my hand.

...

Except it was.

I saw how stupid it was, saw it in your eyes, heard it in your voice.

Well, you know what?


Psyche!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: