constanta,

Literary: My Valentine

2/21/2018 08:17:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






Red, everywhere is all I see
On the streets, the net and on TV
Hearts, cupids that float above
Things most associated with love

Bitter, I may sound and seem
But all of this is for me is a bad dream
Seeing couples around me, all lovey dovey
Wow the single life is fun, aren’t I lucky

As I walk the road towards my next destination
I can’t help but sigh in desperation
Yes, I do admit I’m a bit lonely
Lord, when will I ever get my “honey”

Time continues as I reach home-stretch
The road’s ambiance trailed with my unfortunate etch
Why did I ever think I’d get a flower from you today
When I don’t even get a hey any day

The exhaustion sits once I enter my house
My energy truly unaroused
Sure it’s too early but I just want to sleep
Enjoy my slumber, exploring a dream deep

I lay on my pillow, my eyes already shut
When I feel a lump under, a rectangular cut
I pulled the thing out, it was a chocolate box
I got a bit annoyed, who dare mocks?!

It said, “Hey, little fox, it’s me, your dad,
Today is a special day so don’t be sad.
I know you think that we see you as fine
But always remember that, I am here,
Your first Valentine.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: