english,

Literary: SEESAW

4/28/2021 05:42:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Time is not the problem
That little girl from years ago is.
She did not brush her hair properly
So, she was told that she looked messy
She went out without any makeup on
So, someone told her she didn’t look that lovely
Her voice cracked while performing because she practiced all night
And everybody laughed at her for failing miserably
Dancing was the only thing that put her in the spotlight
Yet people told her she was not worthy to be the highlight
She was friends with everyone,
But not everyone liked her to be around.
She voiced her opinion,
But they said hers doesn’t matter.
She was obedient
So, she always followed and listened to others
But never to her heart
That little girl believed everyone
Everything, but not herself.
Now she’s older, maybe a little wiser
She can now look at herself in the mirror
Even with her past horrors
She can finally talk to that little girl who always shivers
“What have you done?”
I answer,
“I don’t know.”
Maybe I did not love myself enough
So, if I could turn back time, I would
But time is the problem.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: