Avanti,

Literary: Her Again

4/28/2021 05:22:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





In the second room of the 27th house on a street
There lived a girl who I’d always meet
We looked so foreign from one another
But somehow, we were each other.

Her eyes glittered with each return of sunlight,
While mine can only see the next day
To that girl, every second of the day was a highlight
To me, every minute is just grey

She searched for laughter, every time they’d meet
Even in the searing heat or the heaviest sleet
Even on nights as dark as the mind of a killer
Eye crinkles and snickers were always in sight for her

When I spot even the faintest of daylight
Like a spider to a fly, a murder underway
I sap its life—heart pounding as it loses the fight
Rare are these moments, like a birthday

We floated in glee listening to country beats
And every time, a sour taste welled on repeat
We were each other, but I wished to be like her
Wished bitter lyrics were only words and nothing further

Rarely, that girl’s eyes lock on me like a spotlight
Eyes turning green, brows furrowing away
She longed to be me, is she quite alright?
We truly are each other, I dismay.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: