english,

Literary: Part of the Climb

4/28/2021 06:33:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Tick tock tick tock
There goes the wonderful clock
Counting down how long ago
Since my thoughts left to walk

From Manila to Cebu
Maybe even to Peru
Wherever my thoughts go
They always end up on you

But the time wasn’t right
Maybe just not quite
But for now I leave those thoughts
And knock out for the night

But even as I enter a new day
From my eyes I rub the sleep away
I think of the time I admitted to you
How with your feelings I would not play

But mysterious are the ways the world works
And oh boy is it full of jerks
Who took away the only one
Who could handle all my quirks

But again maybe it wasn’t the time
Despite how everything was sublime
We’ll see clearly soon enough
Maybe with the help of a signal chime

That whatever love we left behind
The one that had our hearts intertwined
Is one that is young and shallow
Just waiting to be redefined

Because as much as I enjoyed our time
The past is only a part of the climb
To our great future not together
Towards things that’ll last a lifetime

But thank you my past lover
Our memories I will treasure
You’ve taught me that maybe
It’s not so bad to trust one another


You Might Also Like

0 comments: