english,

Literary: Fireflies

11/27/2020 07:17:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



A creature with wings
That carries a light around
Wherever it journeys
A wonderful creation indeed

As a child, I'd always adored it
A firefly, even with its tiny light
Had always given me the greatest of joys
And the brightest of hopes

Even the dreariest and darkest sky
Was no match against
A jarful of these glowing creatures
Illuminating everything within me

Even so, nothing is permanent
Everything comes to an end
Fireflies lose their luminous glow
And I grow older through time

Slowly, I forgot about their light
I was lost on a dark road
Stumbling with every step
Blinded by my own fears and worries

I wondered where the fireflies went
Their comforting and gentle light
Gave me the will to carry on
I couldn’t see them anymore

However, just when I thought
I wouldn’t be able to get through the dark
Suddenly, a familiar glow
Carried and led me with its radiance

Constant support given by friends,
Family’s unconditional love
And the warmth of someone
Who was always there, through and through

Little by little, it seemed as though
I had a newfound hope
I have found my fireflies
And they have brought me home

You Might Also Like

0 comments: