english,

Literary: Favorite Parts

1/22/2021 08:50:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Waking up every morning at four
So early that the sky is still dark
Feeling the cold morning breeze
I never knew I’d miss these this much

When I journey every day
I love looking at the dark blue sky
Slowly brightening up
Little by little, the sun shows itself

Then I arrive
At this simple yet beautiful place
Its familiar warmth embracing me
Just as it has always done for the past 12 years

Inside are my favorite parts
Where I’ve had a lot of my firsts
And even a few of my lasts too
These places hold my most precious memories

Benches made of stone
Became our everyday lunch tables
A place where I often stay with my friends
And happily chat about each other’s crushes

A room with almost all the essentials
Always chock-full of busy students
Whether rushing to print important files
Or just staying to enjoy the cool air

Outside each room are students
Either sitting down or sleeping on the floor
Their backpacks used as pillows
For their sleepy heads, tired from the day’s work

Whenever we get hungry
There will always be turon and sandwiches
For us to buy and snack on between classes
They can be a little pricey, but they’re delicious

With all these places I mentioned
Places that I love and adore
Are the different people
Who complete my every day

Teachers who love us unconditionally
Staff who never get tired for us
And of course,
My silly but loving classmates

Every single one of these people and places
Helped me become the person I am today
I am happy, and I have grown a lot
Thank you for being my home


You Might Also Like

0 comments: